A professional and proficient full stack C# .Net Developer possessing considerable experience in application development. Well organised, objective and diplomatic, displaying a positive attitude working collaboratively with a broad range of colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
Home Based C# Developer - Biomni Ltd.
Developing in an agile environment of 10 developers with both Scrum and Kanban, bug fixes, features and enhancements were delivered through full remote pair programming, employing TDD with NUnit 3, Selenium web testing and continuous integration.
- Full stack development with MVC 5, jQuery, TypeScript, .Net and EF 6
- Collaborated closely with other team members to plan, design and develop robust solutions
- Daily development to company standards of clean, maintainable and reliable C# code based on complex business logic through the use of both SOLID principles and unit/integration testing
- Involved in the design of the UI to ensure it’s easy to use, clear, functional and responds quickly to user interactions
- Contributed to the development of a Rest API using Web API 2 controllers, together with OData 4 endpoints. Swagger UI was used for both documentation and the API visualisation / interaction tool
- Reduced duplication of view content and increased reusability of UI elements by splitting views into smaller components using Partial Views. This made the parent view simpler to understand and allowed larger UI elements to be viewed in isolation
Freelance C# Developer - Herald Chase Ltd.
Mar 2015 - Jul 2016
Designed and developed a multi-threaded C# WinForm application for cleansing, manipulating and de-duplicating name and address data. This is being used internally by the client and as a commercial offering to their customers (http://www.heraldchase.com/mydata).
- Reduced frequent processing of data files from days to minutes
- Created a full user guide for the application and provided training to users
C# Developer - Concorde
Feb 2014 - Feb 2015
- Developed solutions to complex programming scenarios using C# with OOD/SOLID principles and MS Unity for dependency injection
- Learnt Angular JS and implemented a Single Page Application to consolidate multiple data intensive aspx pages. This minimised data transfer thereby drastically improving response times and allowed a more interactive UI to be designed without affecting performance
- Utilised Web API 2.2 OData endpoints preventing the need to write custom code for common querying/filtering scenarios
SC Cleared C# Developer,
Commercial Medicines Unit, Dept. Of Health
Apr 2008 - Jan 2014
Technical lead and senior C# developer for the design, support and delivery of complex business applications within the department, including hands on configuration of components such as IIS and TFS. Mitigated risks and issues for responsible systems and performed code reviews of the specialist IT contractors. Liaised with a broad range of stakeholders, colleagues and customers.
- Delivered on time and to budget a C# Windows Application utilising ClickOnce deployment. This allowed pharmaceutical suppliers to tender against NHS contracts for secondary care medicines
- Re-engineered several large C# ASP.Net web applications to adhere to best practices of OOD and SOLID principles
- Migrated four Classic ASP web applications to C# ASP.Net delivering a better development environment, improved performance and fully integrated debugging support
- Consolidated C# code into shareable assemblies to reduce cost cutting concerns and provide consistency across solutions
- Reviewed both high and low level technical documentation and liaised with external stakeholders during the department’s transition to a new IT infrastructure and estate
- Successfully delivered numerous developments by quickly building rapport with, listening to, discussing and motivating others critical to the project’s success
C# Developer - Goodman International
Nov 2006 - Apr 2008
Developer / IT Manager - Herald Chase Ltd.
Nov 2000 - Nov 2006
VBA Developer - Talisman Direct Marketing Ltd.
Sep 1999 - Sep 2000
University of East Anglia: BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems
Denefield School: 3 A Levels and 9 GSCE’s